Here are some instructions:
Last Revised: January 23, 2005
--- project page
- Enter a number and a unit in the two "Convert from:" fields.
lbm for pound-mass, and
lb for pound
force. They are not interchangeable.
- Do not use
C in mixed units, use
K instead. For example use
W/m K instead of
- A mixed unit can have several units in the numerator and several in the
- You may use a caret for exponents (negative or positive).
- At the bottom of the applet, the unit is specified in terms of primitive
- If you change the system to "user specified" you may also change the
"convert to" unit. A warning will be issued if the two units are not
- See the unit list for a list of built in
units and prefixes, and a more detailed description.